This website, TheOpenExperiences.com (the “Site”) is operated by QuintEvents, LLC (QuintEvents). QuintEvents is located at 9300 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 120 Charlotte, NC 28269, USA (“we”, “us” and/or “our”).
We will hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the relevant purpose.
What Information do we Collect?
We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies – this may collect data about your use of our site, your device(s) and your location
We will collect and process the following data about you (the “Information”):
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register, subscribe to any service, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality and phone number, and preferences.
- Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and information about your geographic location; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including to provide the site, to personalize and improve the services we offer, to carry out our obligations, communicate with you, to analyze use of our Site and in other ways that you agree to.
We may share your information with our group companies, law enforcement agencies, service providers, partners, people who operate Site and third parties that you agree that we can share it with.
We may use your Information:
- to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Site where you have consented for us to do so;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to administer and provide services you request;
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and service we offer;
- to improve the quality of our service and security of our site;
- to understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- in connection with targeting/advertising activities;
- to track activity on the site;
- in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
- in such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
- for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
You agree that we will share your Information with:
- carefully selected third-party organizations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
- R&A Championships Limited and other R&A Championships Limited companies
- anyone who may take over the running of our Site on our behalf. Any other organizations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Information and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
- any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
We will disclose your Information to third parties:
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
- to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
If you are a child who is using our Digital Products or a parent of a child using our Digital Products, there are additional rules.
It is important to us that children can enjoy the Site in a responsible fashion. We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children's online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
Your child's privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding children's personal information collected online, and to helping parents and guardians and their children learn how to exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet.
If you are aged 15 or under, we will require permission from your parent or guardian in order for you to register on our website, unless otherwise stated at the point of registration. If you are required to provide permission from your parent or guardian, you will be asked to supply the name and email address of a parent or guardian to whom a confirmation email will be sent. Your account will only become active once your parent or guardian has clicked on the link within the confirmation email to provide their consent.
We have security protocols in place to protect your Information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such data.
Where we Store Your Information
We may use service providers to help us run our Site (or services available on our Site). If we or our service providers transfer any Information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (under UK law) being in place.
Marketing & Unsubscribing
Your Rights in Relation to Your Data
You have rights to access, correct, delete your information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations. No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may need certain information from you.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Generally, other than in relation to marketing, our processing of your personal data is in order to allow us to provide you a service, so we will be unable to provide the service to you without processing your personal data
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
We allow you to access, correct and edit your details at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
No fee is usually required - You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you - We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
How to Complain
We endeavor to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information, however if you wish to lodge a complaint as to how we collect and process your Information please contact email@example.com. You may also wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find further details as to how to do this at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/